Frequently Asked Questions
Click a frequently asked question below to see the answer.
Zodiac G3 PRO doesn't move
1. Use Flow Gauge to verify proper flow.
2. Backwash filter and empty pump basket.
3. Check diaphragm for damage.
4. Check hose sections for leaks by lifting each section above water. A cracked hose can be detected by a hissing noise. Replace it.
Zodiac G3 PRO flips over
1. Use Flow Gauge or Pool Pulse to ensure proper flow.
2. Using Flow Gauge as guide, increase or decrease flow on FlowKeeper valve.
3. Check swivel on cleaner, swivel should rotate freely.
4. Contact service technician
Zodiac G3 PRO is patterning
1. Confirm proper cleaner hose length.
2. Use Flow Gauge to verify proper flow. Increase flow to
improve climbing. Reduce flow to move cleaner off the walls.
3. Direct pool return fittings down. Add a return diverter if necessary.
4. Check hose for kinks or coils. Lay hose in the sun for a few hours to straighten.
5. Verify correct hose weight positioning.
6. Move hose weight away from cleaner slightly. For deep
pools add a weight.
Zodiac G3 PRO isn't covering the opposite end of the pool
1. Add return diverters or divert return inlets downward. Use flow to move cleaner to opposite end.
2. Move hose weight away from cleaner head slightly. In deep pools add additional weight.
Zodiac G3 PRO stops and starts
Check diaphragm for blockage or damage. Adjust worn diaphragm by loosening cassette swivel, gently pushing down on inner pipe & retightening cassette swivel.
Zodiac G3 PRO stuck at steps
1. Use Flow Gauge or Pool Pulse to verify proper flow.
2. Confirm proper hose length. Shorten if necessary.
3. Use return jets to guide cleaner.
Zodiac G3 PRO stuck under ladder
Install ladder guard (Part No. G21).
Zodiac G3 PRO won't climb walls
1. Using Flow Gauge as guide, increase flow to cleaner.
2. Confirm proper hose length.
3. Verify correct hose weight positioning.
Note: Climbing ability may be limited in some vinyl pools
and pools with safety ledges.
Zodiac G3 PRO won't leave edge or rim of pool
1. Using Flow Gauge as guide, reduce flow to the cleaner.
2. Verify correct hose weight positioning.
3. Move hose weight away from cleaner slightly.